From March 2020 Savernake Nannies have been operating via zoom for all registration interviews
It isn’t ideal but it is the only way we can “meet” our nannies and clients safely
We had never interviewed via video calls before as we believe in the personal approach, but we have adapted the interview and it is working well.
Savernake Nannies tips for attending a Zoom registration interview:
· Be prepared
· Note down your interview date and time as our appointments system does not send you a reminder. If you can’t find the link, then please just ask and we can resend
· Ideally send over all your documents in accordance with our registration checklist prior to the zoom interview. This way we can verify everything before meeting you
· Have your nanny file to hand. We may ask you questions relating to your documents or CV
· Find a quiet spot in your house, away from children, animals and other household noise
· Think about the light. We know that sometimes our lighting in the office isn’t ideal so we have to bring in additional lighting to enable others to see our face!
· Think about your background. With everyone video calling on the news etc… we know how easily distracted people can be. We ‘ve all looked beyond the person speaking to their bookcase to see what books they have!
· Be on time. Log into the link up to 5 minutes prior to the start time. We get notified when you have joined the “zoom room” and if we are able, we can start the meeting earlier.
· Grab a cup of tea and relax. If you were attending an interview in our office we would make you a cup of tea and encourage you to relax whilst we chat. So don’t let the fact we are over a screen change this. We want to get to know you and the interviews are intended to be chatty as well as official paperwork
· We follow up all zoom registration interviews with an email noting what we have discussed and what further action is required. Please make sure you act upon these asap as the sooner we have everything in place the sooner you can apply for nanny positions through us.
2021 is starting off in a lockdown, which we can only foresee will get worse before it gets better. So, let’s all stick to the Gov. guidelines and stay safe.
We look forward to meeting everyone face to face again at some point but we feel that we will carry on this year with zoom registrations.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the information included in this article is accurate at the point of release this should not be relied upon as legal advice. It is the opinion of Savernake Nannies. Copyright 2021 SavernakeNannies.co.uk