Some reports are saying schools may stay closed until after Easter!
We are speaking to families on a regular basis about home schooling and working from home and the challenges that they come across.
· Poor Wi Fi : Many parents tell us that with 1 or 2 adults logging on in the majority of the houses in their street/area can play havoc with the Wi fi reception, so trying to log into school team video calls too can be hit and miss
· Burnt out parents: Many parents are getting up in the early hours to get a couple of work hours in before the children awake. Then they spend the day looking after their children and then once they are in bed the parents are then sitting down to more hours of work.
· Key worker list frustration: We have heard stories of how the key workers list is expanding and more and more children are being accepted into school. Those parents who do not fit into any of the categories are frustrated as in some cases it’s only 1 parent who fits into the KW list and the other parent may not even work, yet their children can attend school.
· Guilt: Parents are telling us they feel guilty for trying to work and home school all together at the kitchen table. They feel guilty for not devoting 100% to their children.
· School work: We’ve heard how some parents of older children are struggling to help them as they do not understand the work themselves!
· Rooms: Not many families have enough rooms to enable everyone to have their own space so many are struggling to work and home school in the same small area. They then have to ask the children to keep quiet whilst on video calls etc. Not easy!
· Snacks: Parents are forever handing out snacks throughout the day! Children forget they don’t have constant access to snacks throughout their normal school day.
· Devices: Not every family is lucky enough to have a separate device for each family member. Some schools are asking you to contact them if this is the case.
Savernake Nannies feel for all the home-schooling parents and take our hats off to you. Please try not to be SUPER PARENTS and just go with the flow. You are doing a great job and it is all about surviving these weird times. Remember the majority of children are in the same situation so your child will not fall drastically behind. Teachers are well aware of everyone's situation and once everything gets back to some kind of normality, they will do their best to get all the children back on track.
We have been able to help some families by providing a temporary nanny to assist with the children whilst parents work.
If you would like us to help you find a temporary nanny then please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the information included in this article is accurate at the point of release this should not be relied upon as legal advice. It is the opinion of Savernake Nannies. Copyright 2021 SavernakeNannies.co.uk