Working from home!
So last night I set myself some goals for today. The usual ones like finish my end of year accounts, finish off amending my Terms and Conditions for clients, amongst all the everyday jobs of filing and running 2 businesses.
Well it is already 9.30am and I ‘ve only just entered the office. Why?
The day started well I got up to the 7am alarm. Had breakfast, put on a load of washing and hung out the washing my husband put on at 6am!
So far so good! I then got side-tracked by the state of the kitchen, so I tidied around, puffed up the cushions on the sofa, emptied the dishwasher, refilled the dogs water bowls and went for a shower. Once back downstairs I folded up some more laundry (where does it all come from?) ready to be ironed at some point today and hung more on the line and gave the floor a quick wash. Made my 2nd cup of tea of the morning and headed up to the office. Once in the office I hunted high and low for the phone charger, my glasses and the laptop charger! Many more visits up and down the stairs and I am raring to go. If only I was wearing my fitbit I think I may have managed my daily step count for the day already!
So how is this remotely connected to a nanny agency?
Many more of us are working from home this year and it is so easy to be distracted by domestic life.
If you have children, then you will have added a lot more to your morning schedule than I have and possibly also included a school/ nursery run!
Nannies are employed to make life easier for the parents. A live out Nanny will come into your home around breakfast time leaving you to prepare for your working day ahead. They will take care of all the “Nursery Duties”
What are nursery duties?
· Cleaning and tidying all areas used by the Nanny and the children in their care
· Cooking nutritious meals for the children in their care
· Responsibility of cleaning and maintaining household equipment that relates to the children in their care and reporting all equipment that needs attention to parents
· All the childrens laundry
· Responsibility of keeping the childrens toys in good order
· Helping to prepare for childrens birthdays and other special occasions
· Keeping the nanny accommodation clean and tidy (if applicable)
· Helping to prepare the childrens clothes for holidays and other travel
· Providing care for the children if sick: administering medicine, collecting from school
· Providing age appropriate activites for the children in their care that support development
· Research and take to local groups and activites age appropriate to the children in their care
· Keeping a nanny /communication /hand over diary between the parents and the nanny
· Keeping an account of nanny expenses – such as outings, art materials, food relating to the children in their care
· Respecting the customs, values, discipline and spiritual beliefs of the family and children in their care
· Respecting confidential details obtained in the course of their duty – social media references included
These are the main duties classed as “Nursery Duties” other duties can be negotiated between nanny and family but must be agreed at interview stage and stated in their contracts.
If you would like to discuss how a nanny could help you and your family get in touch today for a chat.